Microsoft has released the November Update for Windows 10 version 1909.
Windows 10 version 1909, November 2019 Update, is the eight major refresh since the original and has been released as part of its Patch Tuesday schedule.
The November 2019 Update will be the second semi-annual update arriving in 2019, and while it’ll include new features and improvements, unlike previous releases, this is expected to be a minor update available as a quality update, similar to a service pack.
According to the company, the new approach will help to complete the update on time, and it’ll be a less disruptive deployment as the Windows 10 version 1909 won’t require a full installation of the OS. However, because it’ll be an incremental update, devices will require the Windows 10 May 2019 Update before you can install the 19H2 update manually.
How to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909 from version 1903
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Under the “Optional updates available” section, click the Download and Install now button.
- Click the Restart now button.
Quick Tip: If you see the option, click the Check for updates button. In the case that you still don’t see the option, it’s likely that the update isn’t ready for your device.
Once you complete the steps, the update will install as a regular monthly quality update on your device without the need for a full reinstallation.
How to upgrade to the Windows 10 version 1909 from version 1809
If you can’t wait to get the November 2019 Update automatically, you can use the Media Creation Tool to upgrade any version of Windows 10 to version 1909.
Quick Tip: If you’re running version 1903, it’s recommended to use Windows Update. Otherwise, using the Media Creation Tool to perform a reinstallation of the OS.
- Open Microsoft support website.
- Under the “Create Windows 10 installation media” section, click the Download tool now button.
- Save the installer on your device.
- Double-click the MediaCreationTool1909.exe file to launch the tool.
- Select the Upgrade this PC now option.
- Click the Accept button to agree to the licensing terms.
- Click the Accept button again.
- Select the option to keep your files and apps (if it’s not already selected).
- Click the Install button.
Installing the latest version of Windows 10 should be an easy process, but if you’re experiencing any problems please give us a call at 570-283-8215